Monday, November 1, 2010

1st Day Meadow's Mural


It is very interesting to take pictures of barns on the first day, because you see things in pictures that you do not see when you are painting a barn.  There are some very old cedar trees that make shadow and light on the barn.  This picture was taken about 4:30 pm, and then it was 5:30 and I was sitting on the steps talking to Gwen, about God and how important it is to have Him with me when I paint. 

The first day is sometimes the hardest, because I am now dedicated to the mural that you and I can't see yet.  I met with Tim and Gwen, and discussed what we thought would be appropriate to honor the previous  owners and provide a peek into what their farm is and what it was for those who owned it in the past.  I felt the honor today as I stood and felt the strength in that barn.  The tin is smooth and the nails were plentiful.  The design is typical of the barns I see around here, and this one is in excellent condition.  You can tell it is a barn that is useful and loved.  Sounds silly, but what we love we take care of it. 

Tomorrow I will put in the blue at the top of the barn, with the use of an extension ladder and Tony.  I am going up pretty high and Tony knows I am scared of heights, but together we will conquer the sky, which will eventually hold the pictures of the past owners.  They have all passed, and this is Tim and Gwen's way of honoring them.

When I walk onto the land there I feel a peace, I know I am welcomed, by the owners, their pets and the birds in the trees.  It is a family who lives here, their son and daughter in law live across from their barn, and the horses and fences close it in right next to Cliff's place.  All of these residents help each other and share in the blessings that has been bestowed on them.  Quite a wonderful place to paint. 

Tim build a flower box just below the newly installed window, that looks great.  When I get to do some of the fun parts be sure to watch and see what happens.  I noticed this addition on Sunday and it brought a smile to my face.  I love the special touches, the stories that go along with the barn, and the little door the cats use to sleep and play in the barn.

So keep watching when you pass the "Collards" sign and know it will take about 6 weeks (if weather holds) to finalize their "Honor" Mural of the farm on Wyse Fork Road.

Thanks Gwen and Tim for a wonderful day.

k

No comments:

Post a Comment