Tuesday, November 2, 2010

2nd Day Meadow's Mural

Today was beautiful!  The sky was so blue when I finished working in the greenhouse, it took my breath away.  I mowed the rye grass in the little yards, finished moving the rest of the flowers I want to save for next year and planted 4 Leodora cedar trees, which will be put out next Spring.  I made chili for dinner and had breakfast with Gran and Tony.  A great morning. 

Tony was busy getting the chipper to get the wood chips chipped to warm the plants during the winter, and the morning glory flowers just won't stop blooming.  We still have floating wildflowers so I just stood back and watched them blow in the wind today.

Gran and I met Claudia at Gypsy's today.  I wanted Claudia to photograph the angel to use as our Christmas Card this year.  She was there and we talked about Randon Acts of Kindness.....her church is knitting and crocheting shawls for babies and adults.  They are prayed over and sent out to help everyone remember we are all in this together.

I got the 15 foot ladder from Gypsy's (thanks Stewart again), and dropped Gran off at the drive way, then parked at Gwen and Tim's barn.  I mixed together some exterior blues and began to paint the barn on the 15 foot ladder.  I could reach almost everything, except for the extreme areas, and I thought I would just use the extension ladders to reach it.

Well, all things were going well I was on the last fourth of the barn in the upper region when Tim and Emma and Erica came out.  We talked and all was good.  Tim walked off with the girls, and I moved the ladder.  It was stable I thought.  All of a sudden I was on the upper 2 levels of the ladder and it became unstable.  I called Tim, Tim, but Emma was talking also and he couldn't hear me.  I began to call again, louder and with more panic, I just knew the ladder was going to fall out toward the field if I moved an inch.  Just about that time, Gwen came around the corner, she had an appointment and was just returning.  She yelled for Tim and told him to run, the ladder was falling.  Tim threw off his shoes and sped around the barn to catch the ladder, it just felt like it was over.  He held it while I got the courage to come down, he was ready to come up and get me, I was frozen.  Once I got to the ground, he suggested I walk it off before calling Tony for help to finish the upper areas.  Tim was right, and thanks to Gwen he got there on time.....what a feeling.

I got control of myself after hugging Gwen and thanking Tim.  I called Tony he came over to hold the ladder and Tim got the extensions ladder, but I couldn't go up it.  Tim climbed up painted the upper regions and did very well.   He scuttled up that ladder like he was a teenager.  I was excited and relieved.  I may have to hold myself to 16 foot barns, those upper areas are only for tall people.

After all this Tim was painting and Tony was holding his ladder, I drove to the house to get the camera so you can see what an audience Tim had and how high he was.  Gwen had the kids and they were watching also.  Then Sarah and PJ came along, took the kids and watched the final sealing of the barn.

What a day.  Gwen handled it, Tim save it and I got the sealant on.......thank you Jesus .  Tony asked me if I was going to paint in the upper region, and I said no, that will be blue sky only.  He laughed.  I was thankful.

Tony and Gram went home, Tim went to take care of the horses, Gwen was picking up pecans, and then came to the collard patch for me to take pictures, and showed me her broccoli plants, cabbage and wonderful collards.  3 weeks ago they didn't look so good, now everything is beautiful.  I remember when I first met her she would say to me "if God be willing" and I thought what has that got to do with anything....now I understand nothing get done without God be willing......wisdom of pearls that I will not ever forget.

So I am attaching some pictures for you to get to know the place, the people and the thankfulness of safety. 

My friends, Willow, Gwen, Claudia, Gram, Tony, Gypsy, Jesse, Jane, Wilbur, Mr. Green, and all the others that keep up the paintings and murals I do with God's help, I want to say THANKS.  k


Tim in the air!


Tony holding him to the ground.


This is a tall barn, I understand Cliff and his father helped built this after it had burnt down once.
History is important, and Cliff is always helpful.


The audience: Gwen and the girls.  This is the most fun, to interact with all who come out and see how the murals progress and the last moments of the day we share the success.



These collards are looking great.....hummmmm just in time for Thanksgiving.

Will go to gardening class tomorrow, and if the weather holds, will begin to draw in Goldie, a golden lab, which belonged to Ms. Edna when she was alive.  Now this dog belong to Gwen and Tim, and the neighbors, she visits often in the community on Wyse Fork Road.


No comments:

Post a Comment