Saturday, October 30, 2010

Meadow's Mural Starting Monday - Nov. 1-2010

Wow, another mural is beginning.  Shelly, Malydia, Wendy, Grandma, Tony and I worked on marking and sorting the paint last Thursday just in time to set up the next mural palette.

I met with Tim and Gwen on Friday afternoon and the mural will be a dedication to the loved ones that owned the farm prior to Tim and Gwen.  They are going to honor the owner who passed away by having a picture of her and Gwen (as a child) holding hands looking at flowers.  There will be collards, watermelons, tomatoes, pecan trees, etc. on that wonderful barn to depict the blessings that have been bestowed on Tim and Gwen.

This will be a privilege.  It is a wonderful honor to be thankful, and by Faith this story of Gwen's is wonderful.  She wrote a essay about "Memories", it touched me and when I get up on those ladders I am sure God will be there to do what He does and that is guide the brush to honor Him and all those who believe in Him.

The puppies are still here, but five have been promised to someone.  We have two left and they are so cute.  So if anyone reading this needs a hound dog (part) and some other dog mix please come by Red Willows and let us know.  They are wonderful pets.  Shari, from Harbor Hound Rescue is helping us find homes for these pups, and supporting us with puppy shots too. 

Today we had Wilbur and Jane here to make a list of what is needed for Tony's workroom upstairs.  We have bought the cabinets, started the plan for the electricity to support the wood working tools, and it is planned to be finished by January.  At that time, Tony will be working on some creative frames for me and bookcases for the library.  Who knew he would enjoy working with wood, making bookcases and planting trees.  He loves NC and he is expanding his talents, I am the lucky one.

Tonight we watched a movie called "Letters to God", I would recommend everyone watch this movie.  It was heart moving and helped us to understand when things go wrong in peoples lives, it is for a short time, but hope and faith, and love are everlasting.......let's have these for others, especially our family members.

I will post some pictures tomorrow:  I got to paint two young musicians, they inspired me, they are so full of passion.

Take care, more to come regularly....pics Monday of the barn without a mural, then each day I paint I will update with pictures.  This barn is right across from the front driveway so I plan to leave the truck there, with paint, and walk over each day to paint "Honor" on those wonderful tin wall.

Thanks Tim and Gwen for this opportunity.  k

No comments:

Post a Comment