Tuesday, November 9, 2010

3rd abd 4th day on Meadows Mural

Ms. Edna



Hub Outline and Car

The flower box Gwen had Tim construct. It looks good in Red.

Ms Gwen and Ms.Edna

Under the window, is where Goldie will be and kittens.


A proud rooster stands on the fence where Ms. Gwen had a pot placed to put in flowers.  Some chickens and a goose will decorate under the fence, soon.
 
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday's events....


Yesterday was a good day and today was a great day.  I spent some time with Gwen on Friday getting some pictures of Ms. Edna, Hub, and Little Gwen.  She also shared with me some of the previous owner's pictures which will all appear on the mural when finished.  There were so many pictures that reminded Gwen of her childhood and so many pictures of all of them together sharing and smiling.  It was heartwarming.

I spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon painting at Zac's on Wyse Fork Road.  Ms. Willow was with me on Saturday and as usual she was supportive and kept me painting whether I was distracted or just not happy with my work, she made me smile and was full of good words about everything.  It kept me going and I had fun even though we were freezing.  On Sunday, Grandma came with me and I thought we were prepared for the cold, but guess what we weren't.  I was told I looked like an elf in my get up, and when I looked at myself after returning home, I thought goodness gracious I do look like an elf.  I had forgotten my shoes and we were going straight to Zac's after church and having lunch with Jane and Wilbur, so I stopped by "The Family Dollar" and Marla was there.  I stated my problem and she walked me over to the clearance aisle and there was one pair of white shoes (flip flop style) and she also made a design change to the shoes she cut out the throng on the shoe and voila I had a pair of shoes to wear without wasting any more time getting to my post, the only problem they were white and you shouldn't wear white after September 1, did it anyway.....and it did not change my painting style.  Thanks Marla.

So today, got up  made chili, fed Sadie, strokes all our cats and got to Gwen and Tim's prior to 11:00 am.  Once there I began to work on Ms. Edna's face and clothes, then I spent some time blocking in Little Ms. Gwen.  I will work on her contour tomorrow.  When I blocked in Ms. Gwen, I also looked at Hub's picture and saw the car for the first time, so I had to add it in and mark out the outline where Hub will be sitting. 
Tim and Gwen have a rich history regarding their homage to their farm and as easily as the paint is going on, I feel like this wants to be painted. 

Tim and Tony worked on the scaffolding for me today, it is strong and tall.  I will be able to take a step ladder up on the scaffolding and reach the top of the barn to bring in the tree branches that will extend the trees along the top of the barn.  I am anxious to see how that works.  Also Mr. Green stopped by and looked at Ms. Edna, helped me with her nose and mouth, then he stepped back and said I think you have her.  At that moment I saw a golden light in the heart of Ms. Edna and I think the picture I took shows the same thing.  She is still very loved and she also loves from heaven (Ms. Gwen was obviously her favorite.)  Ms. Edna also was an artist, she drew some lovely pictures of roses and Gwen has preserved these.

Yesterday I was showing Gwen the sketch of Goldie (Ms. Edna's dog.)  Everyone in the neighborhood knows Goldie, and her near miss on the highway.  We all know this dog has nine lives and she just keeps on going.  Gwen said she was about 12 or 13 years old, has arthritis but she just loves to be loved.  They have cats there that line up and ask Goldie to deflea them, so Goldies take her teeth and picks at them, they love it, so you will see Ms. Goldie up on the wall with a couple of cats around her.  She may not be here much longer, so we thought we would immortalize her by painting her on the wall also.

Today it was sunny, warm, a gently wind was blowing and I had to thank God for the freedom to paint at will, and He showed up as usual, He is always there, to help, to instruct and to teach.  I cannot stand alone, and I can do nothing without Him.  I have a long way to go on this barn, but each day will take me and others who share by helping and reading this blog to a wonderful beautiful place when it is finished.

Thanks to all who believe.......K

No comments:

Post a Comment