Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day on the Meadows Barn

This morning woke up early, went upstairs to studio and finished Sunrise Pony.  I started it last Saturday at Zac's and finished it this morning.  This is what I image a pony looks like when he wakes up with the sunrise and feels freedom. 


I wonder what they think?  I wonder if they know who takes care of them, or what their day will entail.  When Linda and Bob were here we took a tour on a small boat in the harbor next to the wild ponies.  The captain said they have a routine and can be found in certain places during the same time each day.  So they have routines, but who knows what they find to do all day.  This sounds silly, but what I am getting at is God is in control of our lives just like He is the horses.  I like that.

Grandma and Tony picked up two pictures from Claudias (Air Frames and Pictures in Trenton), and they look lovely.  They also ordered our Christmas Cards with Gypsy's Angel on it, and Luke 2:11 was the scripture verse inside.  This is something I am excited about sending to our families. This angel is personal, thanks for opportunity Gypsy.

Then I went over to Gwen's and started painting Hub in on the garage area of their barn.  He came in slowly, it took about 2 hours to get his position correct.  Gwen helped, and Goldie stood by and ushered Hub in, Goldie and Gwen both remembered Hub.  Gwen said he could be found walking the Wyse Fork area where her farm is with a shovel in hand digging drainage all over the place.  She said his family lived on both sides of the road and some lived where we are living now.  Gwen and Tim, like Willow and Ricky have become part of our family, like some others we feel close to in our area also.  You know who you are...hehehe.

Gwen is going to continue with the history of her farm, and when the mural is done, we will do a write up in this blog.  She shared some of Ms. Edna's scrapbook today and we found something very interesting......I will let her tell someone before I put it in the blog, but we both came to the same feeling that this building is something special in Trenton.

The sky behind the rooster is in, the grasses are beginning to grow yellow and green willowing leaves and I plan to work on Gwen tomorrow in her pink dress.  Of course we are still at the blocking in stage and sometimes that looks quite ugly, but this time, things are placing easily, and paint is working well due to the higher temperatures....so all in all I am pleased. 

Most days I get into the truck and just have no idea what I am going to work on, and as the horses I find the familiar position in front of her barn, I pick up the brush, pull out some paints and something happens and I remember God takes care of me everyday too!  He is the artist, I am the tool, thanks for using me God I love to paint.

k

No comments:

Post a Comment