Friday, November 5, 2010

Red Willows Gift Shoppe Christmas 2010

Today is dedicated to Red Willows in Trenton.  I am enclosing some pictures so you can see she is ready for Christmas.

I have to retell the story of when we met Willow in her back room before the gift shoppe opened.  Glen Spivey told us she might be interested in exhibiting Grandmas afghans.  Well we crossed Jones Street and entered the glass door that would change my belief in moving and welcome me to become a NC successful transplant.

I tentatively pushed the door open, and I saw quiet eyes look our way, and I introduced Grandma and myself to her and said Glen had suggested we meet.  She rose from her chair quietly and walked over shook our hands and said how may I help you?

I had two of Grandmas afghans with me and left them with her and she said she would be interested in coming over and seeing the many afghans Grandma had upstairs in the attic.  I said anytime, we had just moved in so expect construction, the floors weren't in yet, etc.  She smiled and said no problem, just let me know how to get there and I would be happy to offer them in my shop.

About a week later she came by, took about 30 afghans she liked and she said was appropriate for the time of year to be offered.  It was the beginning of a friendship like I had never had before.  She can be kind, warm, business like and crazy all at the same time.  She accepts you as you are and welcomes everyone.  A true tribute to friendship, she doesn't invade, just listens and offers her vast past of experience in many areas.  She is a North Carolinian, full of grace and the love of God. Thank you Willow for coming into our lives.....may we both live long and tell these stories over and over to all those who transplant themselves to Trenton's wonderful town.

This is Willow and her shoppe. 



So today and the rest of the time prior to December 25 is Christmas here in Trenton.  She can be reached at 252-448-1138.  She has local artisans creations in her shop.  She has creations by LUKE, our beloved "Rag Bag Man", a cafe run by owner  Gypsy Smith and Jesse Brown "Gypsy's and gift certificates are available", which offers delicious food and desserts from 8:00 am to 3pm each day.  She has local artists, Neil Smith (photographer), Carol Ann Davidson, Brenda Kennedy, Peggy Duvall, Dean Remington, Claudia Henley, Pam Brylowe, Jackie Crute, Jeremy Yater, Nancy Newman, Nadine Miller, Susan Saltzman, Nancy Burt, Celeste Cavanaugh, Jones County Senior Citizens, Stacey Fritter, Squirts T-Shirts, Juliet Morgan, George Johnson, Greg Padgett, Walter Henderson, Barry Jones, Taffy Jones, Tina Simpson, Irene Johnson, Marian Hart, Laura Voss, Marvin Jenkins, Heather Baldwin, Tanya Haney, Carol Humphrey, Vivian Moore, Harriet Rause, Wilbur Gurganus and many more.

So pass this along to all you know.  She is helping people in our area and we are supporting them by buying local.

She has aprons that say "We still say Merry Christmas in Trenton, NC", they are red with white writing and they remind us that Christmas is truly a time to help others and exhibit Christ's love.

Shalom
K. Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment