Monday, June 28, 2010

8th Day On the Wall

Yesterday Diane (Dude Andrews Daughter) loaned me the book "Living Waters by Ben Casey."  He is the photographer that took this wonderful picture I am painting on the wall in Trenton.  I emailed Mr. Casey last night after I looked at the book and found my self guilty of not getting his permission to actually use his photo on our wall.  This morning Tony opened his email to us and he said he had allowed Jones County and Trenton any non profit use of all pictures in his book.  Wow, what a joy and how generous.  So here is a big thank you to "Mr. Casey."  Also check out his book on Amazon, there are some amazing pictures of the Trent River and the captions are almost as captivating!

Grandma went with me to the wall today, and we stayed until 12 noon.  After a quick rain shower this morning, we hopped in the truck and drove slowly enjoying the cool air into Trenton.  Kelsey was taking a pre college test today but she will be back on Thursday and Friday of this week.  She is a great help this Summer,

Today I worked on the forest behind Dude!  The trees grew, the grass went wild and the forest seemed to grow deeper toward infinity in the mural.  I enjoyed the sleepy weather and the breeze, it helped me get into making some smaller trees...and the leaves reached toward the river as they became painted on the wall.  So today, the ground, the grass, the trees, the river bank, the light on the right side of the mural began to gel.  It is looking more like a finished river bank, so I hope as you drive down Jones Street or up the street you will pause and look into the forest, and remember how it feels to watch the river flow in your life.  This town, Trenton, is a reminder that peace is really important in your lives. 

It is supposed to rain Tuesday and parts of Wednesday, but I plan to be on the wall early prior to the rain so I can finish it within the next 3 weeks.

Today I saw Walter, and he waved, I met Frankie and he asked who Dude Andrews was and he and I talked for a brief time and Frankie said "I know this guy, he drives a little truck", and he and I both smiled because a true connection had been made about someone who lives in Trenton, and is part of our lives.  Alan stopped by, Darlene Spivey's brother, and he was most complimentary about the wall.  He made my day.  He said it is more than what they expected, they being the "Beautification Committee."  This made me smile, because every time I get on a mural, I think I have forgotten how to do really BIG!....But you don't forget when you are connected to the One who helps us do the talents He has given us, it is His talent on loan to me, while I have a brush in my hand.  So when I get really scared I am going to mess up, I remember it is not me, and I know it will be OK, because it is God's talent, not mine.  So thanks Alan, for the sweet words and the smile I saw when you looked into the mural.  A Mr. Tidwell stopped by today and talked with me and Grandma.  He suggested I put some blue sky in the mural, then we continued to talk and he realized that the mural is really a 3-D mural.  I am using the tree tops behind the building as the top of the mural.  If you stand by the Jones County Tire Store, you will see the tops of the trees are part of the mural and the blue sky or clouds are an extension of the mural.  This is an odd concept, but it works for this wall.  It seems like the wall is actually letting the little bushes grow at the bottom of the wall, to help create the river.  The little bushes will be kept also and used.  So all in all I am quite pleased with my new found acquaintances that stop by and make comments and those that drive by and smile or give a thumbs up sign.......Thanks.

Tomorrow if the rain holds until noon I will be there again, working on the left side of the mural, and if Tony is along, I will be on the tall ladder working on the top of the mural.  Thanks for your prayers for safety as I climb and for your interest in the painting.  The people of Trenton are remarkable, and this blog proves just how many people are really liking the change in the corner there.

Last night I went to a Bible study at Rheams Church on 17.  We are reading "Crazy Love", which is a most interesting and thought provoking book.  This book reminds us to know we are loved by God and that special moments in life are gifts, this mural is a special moment in my life, thank you for letting me share this photo with you.  Thank you Beautification Committee for believing in me and working so hard to get this approved.  This project would not have happened without you or God (who uses the brushes in my hand.)

In His Name  K 

No comments:

Post a Comment