Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Angel 2nd and 3rd Day

The second day was very hot and sticky.  I spent about 3 hours from 8:20 to about 11:15, then the ladder got hot.  I mean really hot.  Stuart loaned me a aluminum ladder (14 footer) which is very helpful when I can't use the scaffolding.  The angel is coming along slowly, but I believe it will speak to a lot of passersby.   It is a hard to see barn right now, but as Fall approaches the angel will be clearly seen about November.  Grandma was me during this time, and was helpful holding the ladders.  Plus it is like having a friend there to talk to.

On the 2nd day I  began to notice the clouds behind the barn and how they played with the blue that was being used as the background for the angel.  And on the 3rd day Willow came out to take some pictures which I am including today, and it proves a very good point, the clouds want to be in this picture.  Look closely at the clouds in the following pics.



In this picture, that Willow took, the angel's wing has extended itself through the roof.  Today I decided to change the brick wall to a rock wall, and Friday or Saturday I plan to float clouds across the bottom of the brick you now see and leave only the rock top where the angel's skirt will flow over it.  The clouds that passed by the barn today were beautiful and so interactive with the barn it was amazing.

Also, today I had some visitors.  Jessie, was the first to come by and talk to me about the face of the angel.  Then Willow came with the camera and took some beautiful shots (like the ones above), then Danny and Jeannie came by, brought me an ice tea and their smiles.  They had driven by a couple of times, just to see the mural start, but were surprised the angel was coming into focus on the 3rd day.  As I said this one is a little slow in coming, but I know I won't stop until that feeling comes again.  It is the feeling that I love, the one where I am not in control, but the spirit is involved.  So I have to let go and let God push that brush, I will be sure to write about that feeling when it comes soon.  Willow and Gypsy are praying everyday for safety and inspiration.  I covet all your prayers because this mural is a very special mural for a very special lady.


After starting this project I began to question all things about angels.  I assumed they were both male and female angels, but as I talk to people some believe they could be all male, some believe there are both genders, and some people  have talked about the angels being the fathers of the giants.  I haven't looked this up yet, but I am going to before I am finished.  Angels are real, and as some people have shared with me their personal stories, I am thrilled to believe they are here and are our guardians.

Glen and Linda came by today and we talked about lots of pictures that Glen has been taking around their lake behind their house.  If you have access to my face book, you will see the pictures.  Both, Linda and Glen talked about the deer playing in the water today, this is a wonderful sanctuary of animal life and when people share these wonderful pictures it just thrills me beyond belief.

Well, tomorrow I am going with a friend to the beach to see a horse, and their land so I won't be painting until tomorrow evening if the weather holds.  We need rain so I am hoping the weather won't hold and the ground will absorb what I hope we get to help crops and flowers grow and give allergy sufferers relief.  So stay tuned until we meet again at the blog. 

I am going to upload a separate page of pictures that shows what the barn looked like on the first and second day.  Thank you for reading this blog and know I look forward to being at the wall, with the angel in the spirit.  Love k

P.S.  Thanks Willow for taking the time to come out and take pictures, it wasn't easy but you found time to document, how special is that!  Me....

No comments:

Post a Comment