Tuesday, August 24, 2010

5th Day Angel

Monday was a good day.  I got there early 7:20 and the clouds and moisture just felt like Fall was in the air.  I heard yesterday that the Fall will be a bit warmer than expected for the whole country, but that's ok, it is always like that and then the frost hits.....and there we go another year is gone.  This year has been a good year, lots of lessons, lots of friends, lots of opportunities to paint.....I couldn't ask for more!

On Sunday a person who attends our church died, Essie Jarman, please remember their family in prayer, the funeral is on Thursday.  I just see her dancing and smiling and being with her husband in heaven, what a rejoicing time.  I couldn't help but think about my precious "Grandma" and on Monday morning I was up before her and we had coffee which is always a special time.  On the porch talking about the day, reading a chapter in our book and then I missed her......so God please let her stay until all the murals are painted in Jones County, which I believe should take about 10 years.....

Yesterday the angel began to have arms, and hands, a dove in the left hand, and depth to the wings.  Now is the application of layer upon layer of paint.  I believe I have about 10 more days and then it will be finished, or so I think, but that is really up to my helper and that is God.  It is harder this time for me to be in the zone of painting, but each day I start out with prayer, and my friends do also at Willow's for safety and inspiration.  So thanks to all for that precious moment, it will make this a better painting and my hope is that Gypsy's barn will be used by Him for what He wants in this world.

Willow has put up her Barn Quilt board and it looks great.  It took me back to our little vacation and how special those Barn Quilts were in West Jefferson. If you stop by Gypsy's Willow has a CD of pictures and plans for Jones County.  Count me in Willow!

Gypsy and I were looking at the Angel the other day and we both noticed the eyes are not right yet, one is, but the other needs work, it is all about the focus.  I look at the angel and work on one area at the time, then I get scattered and lose focus and just paint on the blue, until I see something else, climb the ladder with the appropriate paint and work on that area. This is harder because of the heat on the tin, but I am learning to just stop working, pack up and come back later when it is cooler.  As I said before lessons are always around, and it is quite interesting to see if I pay attention are not.

Stuart stopped by yesterday with "Baby Girl", she has freckles on her nose and she is part Basset hound and Cocker Spaniel, wow what a good looking girl.  Stuart says she is a vacation girl, loves to travel and her sweetness just filled his car.  She was on the way back from the vet, and was appreciative she didn't get a shot.  She and Stuart were welcome visitors.  Thanks Stuart for your spirit.  You are one of a kind, which Gypsy and Willow had already clued me in on before, but now I get to see it up close.  Thanks a bunch and stop by often. 

Here are some pictures Tony, Grandma and I took last evening just before the light shower.  Keep reading, keep praying and know I appreciate all of you.  k

1 comment: