Friday, October 15, 2010

Free Paint

Great Day!

Got up this morning and went down to Gypsy to meet Betty Heath and discuss her travels for the summer and her new waterfront property.  We had breakfast that was yummy!  Then off to New Bern to meet Wendy and go to the free paint sight.

The day was beautiful not a cloud in the sky, and Mitchell's Hardware was just in sight where Wendy was meeting us.  Tony, Grandma and I picked up Wendy and over the bridges we went to Bridgeton to the paint recycling center.  We arrived, found the rows of paint and started to remove more than 70 cans of paint.  We packed it in the car, went to garage sales at two places, met some wonderful people.  One guy made bird houses out of drift wood and shells he and his wife picked up while beach walking, a wonderful couple, and great bird houses.  I got his name and number for Red Willows in Trenton. 

We left there went to McDonalds and got some refreshment, then dropped Wendy off, said goodbye and had a great time laughing with each other.  And I got the number of the guy at the paint shop for Wendy also, he was interested in her.....hehehe me.

On the way home we picked up some bacon and syrup we are having guests for breakfast, Regina and Matt.  They are working hard on their farm.   Can't wait to catch up with their summer too!

When we got home, I opened a deck staining can of paint and the next thing I knew the back deck with finished and the little deck under the gazabo was coated also.  Grandma brought the shovel I planted some mums and then we poured over the quilt patterns she had found in a needlepoint book, that was fun.

Then dinner, and a movie "I'm Reed Fish", quite entertaining and now writing to my blog readers.  All in all a wonderful day, a wonderful life.

I kept telling Wendy today felt like Christmas 70 cans of paint free.......where are the walls I have a need to paint.

Talk to you soon, k

No comments:

Post a Comment