Tuesday, September 7, 2010

11th Day Angel Finished

Well it was a busy day and it didn't look like me and Grandma would get to the wall to finish the Angel today, but it did happen.

We woke up pretty early and started getting ready to take the cat, Simon, back to the Vet so he could give us an ok to put him with the rest of the cats.  Tony took him, and they said to keep him separated until the medicine was completely given.  So Simon rode home on Tony's lap and looked out the window admiring the day.  When he got home, he was stronger and began to notice his brother was not with him.  So he continued to visit the windows and look for his brother all around the house.

Grandma and I went to Trenton to delivery a finished sign for a client, drop some Trenton Beautification items off at Willows, talk to Jessie about Wednesday night, and stop by Gwen's for some knee medicine.  And I forgot get Brad to work at Subway all before 11 am.  We arrived at Air Frames, Claudia Henley's framing shop.  She had the postcards ready and the pricing sheet for the meeting on Thursday.  So again something got crossed off the list. 

When I stopped by Willow's she reminded me about Mr. Thomas' picture, and I had only practiced drawing him with pencil (HB.)  So today when I got home from errands at 12 pm I pulled out a canvas, put his outline on it, then started to fill in the details, this was a small painting 8 x 10.  After I was satisfied with the perspective, I went up stairs and two hours later it was finished.


When I looked at the picture his family had provided I had to improvise because I kept seeing a tank.  There was no tank in the picture, and the picture was so old it had darken with age.  Well, when I talked with Mr. Thomas I said I would like to put a tank in the picture, he pulled up his sleeve and showed me a tattoo that had he had put on in the service that had the Tank Division information on it.  So even though the tank was not there, it was there.  One side of the picture is more colorful than the other, because I felt he wanted to forget the tanks and just be home. 

Then it was time to finish the Angel.  Grandma and I took Mr. Thomas' picture to Willows to dry on my wall in Red Willows in Trenton.  We then took off to the Angel at Gypsy's.  She was waiting and I pulled out the tall 14 foot ladder and pulled out the paint brush for the last time.  The clear coat went on easily and she just began to shine.  I put two coats on her eyes and they looks even more human.  A sensitivity was shining in those eyes.  It took about an hour to finish the clear coat.

We packed up the old paint truck and put away Gypsy's paints, the copper, the clear coat and the Linseed Oil, all loaned to me during this process.  They were just what I needed to finish the details and clean the brushes. I borrowed your scaffolding and other ladders also.   Thank you Gypsy.

I had Grandma pose for a picture with the Angel because I want you to know I have a helper.  She holds the ladder when the ground is not even, she hands paint, brushes, pieces of paper, pictures up to me to ease stress on my knees going up and down the ladder on long days.  So thank you Grandma.


This is Grandma....



Thank you Willow for your belief in me and constantly answering my phone calls for phone numbers, ideas for walls, friendship and garage sales....hehehehe. 

Stuart thanks for the use of the ladder, and for stopping by to see what was up at Gypsy's.

So here she is finished. 







These pictures were taken in early evening, but the morning picture will be posted tomorrow.

I will miss going to Gypsy's to paint the "Angel", which I believe should be her name.  Maybe we will call her Angela, I'll see what Gypsy has in mind for her name!

My next project is a wedding project, and I will post the picture once they are married, it will be a wedding gift.  So keep reading and watching I will post other finished pieces until I start a wall again.

Today I approached a person in Trenton who has a pristine wall.  I explained I would love to put Ethnic Angels on it, with flowing wings that looks like the wind.  Hopefully this will happen on their wall, but maybe it will be on a large barn.  But I know it will be.

Thanks for being a part of this.
Peace and Love
to all... k


No comments:

Post a Comment