Wednesday, July 7, 2010

13th Day On The Wall

Today was great!  The forest on the left side came in colorful and strong.  Tony came along to hold the ladder, which was wonderful and secure.  He even painted some spots I could not reach.  We listened to music, talked to people and thought about the beauty of being together working on a project of mine.  I felt special, thanks Tony.

I had a paint spill in the truck, one top wasn't on tight enough, but I have just enough paint to finish the brown I need.  So thank goodness for that.  Yesterday I had a slight problem with the truck, it wouldn't start but Jones County Tire Company gave me a quick jump and off I went.  So a big thanks to them and their quick response.  THANKS!

I plan to be back at the wall tomorrow and work on the high parts again with the right ladders.  Tony will be back, and we plan to work only at the top of the mural.  So thanks for your prayers today, will need some more tomorrow.

We had 3 visitors today, Russell, Bob and a man from Southco.  Russell is a regular he stops by most days to say hey "Ms. K" and asks questions about the plan for the day.  I ask him about his work, and today he  met Tony.  They hit it off.  Bob strolled up with a Mountain Dew, he drank it slowly and talked about the news article that brought him to the wall.  He just loves the river and said he felt like he was on it.  He said his daughter, Travonda, was attending Jones Senior and loved art.  He said her art had been exhibited at the Civic Center in Trenton.  You go Travonda.  I invited her to come down and talk with me, I love to meet fellow artists, especially students.  Bob stayed for a while, looking at the water and remarking it was a good painting and large.  Thanks Bob.  The man from Southco, a company that services convenience stores all over NC and SC, saw me getting the paints out and thought I was going to paint out the mural.  I smiled and said well I have done that a few times on the wall, paint something in, paint something out....so he wasn't wrong, but today I didn't have to do any of that.  Thank goodness!

Now for the rest of the mural, all the changes will be subtle except for the sign which comes next week and the top which should come in tomorrow.  Now this is the plan, but as you know God laughs when we make plans. He may have another idea for tomorrow and what I will work on for real.  Again, I am humbled by the picture on the wall, it is not my hand, it is God's willingness to give and  my angels working with me.  I was worried about the left side of the mural, but today it came in beautifully, or so some say, thank you.

Trenton, is a special place, the people are wonderful, curious and complimentary.  So invite your friends to come and see the wall, and expect at the end of next week I should be finished.  We are meeting with the Beautification Committee tomorrow night, to discuss the sign, and let them know what progress is still to be made.  I believe we are a little ahead of schedule, but as Michelangelo exhibited he was really never finished with any painting, and sometimes I feel the same way.  I took 1 class in art, and my teacher said a good artist knows when to stop, if I keep painting I hope I will learn when to put the brushes down and let the painting be what it wants to be.  I am not there yet, but getting closer.

Take time tomorrow to do something good for yourself, this mural has been a major undertaking, and because it has filled my morning hours I can honestly say I have noticed more about people than I have in a while.  I thank you for your participation in the wall, and I love the fact, the sun doesn't show it's face until about 1:00 pm on that side of the wall.  A perfect condition for early morning painting. 

Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow, prayer at Gypsy's, saying hello to Cliff at the Hardware, and watching Carol Ann be friendly at Red Willows.  When I drove into town today, I saw Willow putting out a huge bird house painted with polka dots and wonderful colors.  Check it out......it looked so fun and these houses are made by a local artist. 

Tomorrow will be my last day on the wall this week.  I am planting some fall tomatoes, and putting down some wildflower seeds this late to see what they will do.  Planting is like painting, you never know what you will get, but you get something and most of the time it's a surprise.

Take care, see you on the wall.    

k

No comments:

Post a Comment