Sunday, May 22, 2011

Solomon's Temple

One week ago Betty Heath and I started a mural for the Masons in Richlands, NC.  Tony and I have two very special friends called Wilbur and Jane, they are wonderful and they know why this mural is important to me.  Thank you both, and Merlin for asking me to paint Solomon's Temple for your group.  I gladly accepted.

I have attached a few pictures to show you what progress has been made in a week's time.  Periodically you will see more pictures as the days pass.

This will be my last mural.  I have completd 8 in the past 2 years and now I will return to my studio to do some personal painting of my own.  So thank you all for the wonderful opportunities.

Here are some shots of what is happening now in Richlands, NC.



You can make out the temple door, an alter with the beginnings of a smoke colum, and an aquaduct which has some scenery in the door ways of the aquaduct.  Betty Heath experienced the power of the building just Friday.  I was working on the high part of the building painting the blue, and Betty was working on some clouds that were to go in the doorways of the aquaduct and found out how clouds quickly turned into scenery of a heavenly type.  The trees, water and flow of the picture changed and she saw it immediately and said I am not painting clouds, I am painting trees....look at that.

That was a moment for me.  She is a student of mine and she has painted about 50 paintings in the last 3 months.  Some of the paintings are endearing, some are moving, but all are from her heart.  You can see her paintings at Red Willows in Trenton, NC.  She is a brand new painting artist but she has worked in design, and creation for many years.  Please stop by and see her work, it is totally North Carolina, and I know locals will love the colors, subjects and the person you will meet one day...Betty Heath.

So keep watching and know we appreciate the time you give us on this blog.

  K. Rowland

1 comment: