Saturday, January 15, 2011

The last two weeks - 1/15/11

It has been a busy two weeks, painting, painting, painting.

Red Willows asked me to do a mini mural for her and I have posted one picture, but here is the non finished project.  Now the mural is growing to wrap around the cafe at Gypsy's.



Last year I was asked to paint part of the room for the opening of Gypsy's Cafe.  I did, and they loved it, so when we were skirting around New Bern one day, Willow said she wanted to add another piece to the existing mural and this is it.  It is Willow reading a Jones Post which was part of the 2010 mural and now the other Tuscany view of an outside table and buildings with flowers.  That part is finished, but as I said more is to come as the year continues.

I am starting a new mini mural under the willow tree in the corner of a woman in a chair remembering God's blessings in her life, you guessed it, it will be Willow again, but not a face just a moment in a foggy mist along with prayers she has prayed for each of us.

Come and see it materialize this week!

We have also embarked on a Barn Quilt Tour materializing also.  This week there are two new barn quilts to be offered to the public in Trenton.  One is an original and the other is a replica of a quilt pattern used in the past by actual quilters. 




The first one is a replica of an actual quilt, and the second is a design I came up with and Tony, my husband, drew it out.  He draws all the quilts, I just paint them.  These stars now have small white stars inside them.  It looks neat.  I hope to get Ann Waller to host this quilt on one of her barns. 

I am so wanting it to be Spring, but until I can taste that warm air, I will be painting at my studio in my house and where I can in homes and businesses.  Keep watching and know God has a plan for all of us, look inward to view your gift......this is the year for your gifts to be used for others.

Take care, God bless 2011, and take time to seek God as he wants to talk to us all.

Love k

No comments:

Post a Comment