Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter Catch Up

Catching up is great, being focused is hard.  When I started Gwen's barn she showed me a picture of Mr. Green.  When I finished painting Mr. Green's extension of his house, he showed me the same  picture but with a hat on.  So when I see something twice and see the flash of what could be on a canvas I imprint that picture and some day do it.  I finished Mr. Green's picture and here it is:


This was a black and white picture, but I saw a shadow behind him, and I have to believe it was his mother...all those prayers for someone so far away from home.  He was stationed in Germany, but he never forgot Jones County......he is one of those smiling faces that appears at Gypsy's for breakfast.  He always has a smile and a gleam in his eyes.....a true hero here among us.

The other painting is a barn quilt for a neighbor.  They have lots of pine trees around them and a uniquely designed home, which I love so I thought a pine tree with lots of sky would depict what I remember when I think of them.



I love these quilt squares, I added some yellow to the tree some purple, white and blue in the sky to represent "blue sky pine" they are the most populated tree here and they give us green all year, with yellow dust in the Spring that lets us know it is almost time to plant.  I love nature and there is a lot of nature in Jones County.  You can drive to New Bern and Kinston, but it does not have the feel of Jones County.  We are a blessed lot who live here.....come on out and see what is for sale, lots of land and beautiful trees.

Today it is raining or icing maybe both....but the sky is giving the trees their due today.  They look so green, and offer us hope that winter won't last too long so we can reap the beautiful flowers to come in Spring.

Be careful, take care and have a wonderful winter day full of hot tea and warm thoughts.  k

No comments:

Post a Comment